As Events Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of a guest experience which is second to none. This role will involve delivering meetings, conferences and events at all Bayford Group hospitality venues, namely Bowcliffe Hall and The Yorke Arms.
You will be expected to deputise for the Hospitality Sales Manager and in their absence ensure all business activities are delivered to the required standards and communication to the senior management team is maintained.
You will be required to manage, train and develop the casual team members and work within all budget guidelines. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing tasks to the highest standards and being a role model for the wider Hospitality team.
- Overseeing the day-to-day delivery of meetings, conferences and events.
- Work with Event Co-ordinators and Hospitality Sales Manager to deliver all event types to the highest standards.
- Maintain exceptional levels of Guest/Member service
- Ensure Compliance to brand standards.
- Manage, train and develop the Events team
- Work within budgeted guidelines in relation to costs
- Ensure the timely and accurate cash handling/reconciliation procedures are implemented
- Set departmental objectives
- Formulate, plan and authorise work patterns with Hospitality Sales Manager.
- Implement policies and procedures to drive process simplicity and accuracy
- Undertake monthly stocktake and input.
- Stock management including rotation and ordering.
- Drive team members to maximise sales and revenue
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted pre and post Events with a focus on continuous improvement
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with security, fire and all H&S requirements
- Ensure the estate is to high standard at all times, set up of all events ready for show rounds, events and returning the business areas back to working order after an event.
- Report to maintenance of any areas needing attention
You will need:
- A minimum of 3 years Event management experience with industry and managerial experience in leading teams
- First-hand experience in a Premium/Luxury hospitality environment
- Previous experience in developing, developing and owning a departmental plan with sales and profit targets
- Experience in managing 3rd Party suppliers
- Experience of budget planning and delivery
- IT literate, strong working knowledge of Microsoft Packages
- Full Driving License and own transport (travelling will be required)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Team player
- Target driven
- Excellent understanding of the Hospitality industry
- Strong business acumen
- Full time
- As required, evening and weekend working are integral to the successful fulfilment of the role
Apply today by sending your CV and cover letter through the ‘Apply Now’ button below.